Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sick Days!


So, I have been sick since Monday morning, I woke up and I had completely lost my voice! I even had to have Paul call my boss to let him know I would not be coming in. I believe I have been tricked, every year around this time I get Spring allergies regardless of where I am. Last week, I had the sniffles, sneezes and the coughs. I really thought nothing of it assuming it was just allergies, however, it progressively got worse and it hit me Monday morning that what I was experiencing was not just the simple Spring allergies, rather it was a Spring cold! To make sure I used my trusted friend Wikipedia to give me some answers. The common symptoms for airborne allergies is a runny nose, sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, and sometimes even an irritated tickling throat. It is amazing how the common cold and airborne allergies are so similar! The weird thing is I took my first allergy pill of the season yesterday and had no reaction to it, but when I took Dayquill my immune system finally woke up and helped clear out my nose, throat, and my painful headache. I thought I was going to be able to go to work today, but I woke up with a painful headache, runny nose, and itchy eyes...I tried taking cold medicine and it did absolutely nothing for me today...is it possible that my cold disappeared and my allergies took it's place, I am confused but hopefully I can clear up this mess soon!

17 comments:

Camille said...

So sorry you are sick Heidi! Glad you found us! Now we can be blogging friends! How close are you guys to the Newport Beach temple? I have a friend getting married there at the end of the summer and we need to crash at someone's place! Any ideas? You guys look so happy!

The Andrews said...

We are about a hour and a half from the Newport Beach Temple, you guys can totally crash at our place, we would absolutely love it!

Jessica Potter said...

Well dangit honey! I am sorry you are sick. You could actually have the "flu" Not so much the stomach flu but the nasty sore throat, stuffy nose, body ache flu. POOR THING!

H and E said...

Oh being sick is the worst. If anyone feels your pain its me. I conveintly have the worst immune system and catch everything and I mean everything. Everyone at work think I have sort of problem. I hope you feel better soon that is not fun!

Jentry said...

Chicken Noodle soup and a DVD of a season of Grey's Anatomy will do the trick.

Sarah said...

I Love the picture you put with this post and I hope you get feeling better. I always wish I was sick so I could miss work, but then when I do get sick, I would rather be back at work. Weird how that happens!

Unknown said...

I hope you get feeling better. Heath mentioned you were sick. I am terribly jealous of Wicked and can't wait to see it one of these days. I am glad you both won tickets. I think I would have been one of those people giving you dirty looks that you both won though, I have NEVER won anything so I don't enter anything anymore. Luck just doesn't do much for me I guess.

Holly Light said...

Glad you found us, it's fun to see what you're up to. Keep in touch. And I'm so jealous of your weather, it looks so nice, we are still 20 degrees!

brooke said...

You poor girl! I should've brought you some soup to make you feel ALL better! Sienna's been sick too. Next time we all get sick, let's have a Disney-movie-watching-fest-while-drinking-lots-of-juice. That's what I did when I was younger and got sick.

The Walkers said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I got a nasty flu in February that lasted three weeks, and I was MISERABLE. It's funny how much you appreciate good health when you're sick. Hope you get better soon.

Camille said...

Well perfect! It is until the middle of August so we'll just wait and see how plans formulate. You guys are so great! I'll let you know! Enjoy the sun in Cali that we are seriously deprived of here in Utah! It is making me sad...will spring ever come??

Tyson and Heather said...

Oh sadness bird!! I'm here to take care of you...we're both on computers and you're sick. Boo-hoo. Oh the wonderful world of blogging even though you're two steps away!!

The George's said...

Heidi Hoe, hope you get feeling better soon. Spring allergies and colds are the worst. I don't get allergies here like I did in Utah, but the kids get them real bad.

kkrich said...

yucky heidi. hope u feel better real soon.

Jackie Skinner said...

Heidi!!!!!! Keri told me you were on here!! I just started a blog...add my page as a link! I leave for Africa in a week..lets talk before then! Love ya girl!

The Woodlands said...

NO FUN!!!
However, if it makes you feel any better, a little bird told me that you and the husband might be the BEST "Settlers of Catan" players on the face of the planet!?!?
I say: BRING IT!!! let's do an FHE soon!!
(That said, Matt and I have never even played "Settlers", so you'll have to teach us, but then I am confident we will WHOOP you guys :o)!!!)

Chris said...

TALL PAUL! Well hello there - Heidi - you don't know me - But I grew up in Pauls ward - Paul it was so great to find you on blogger! Congrats on getting married - You sound like you are super happy! Glad that all is well! Talk to ya later - Chris STOKES... (aka. EARNEST)


ps - I hope you are all feeling better.