Monday, April 21, 2008

Fortune Forward Cookies


So I had the great privelege of going out to lunch today with Tiffany, my sister-in-law and my cute little niece Rachel. We went to Pick-up-Stix and it was oh so yummy for Chinese fast food. I was in a rush so unfortunately we were not able to share our fortunes together. I opened mine in my car and was pleasantly surprised at the simplistic yet profound statement the little crumpled up piece of paper had to offer. The statement was..."your presence livens up any conversation." It was such a pick-me-up that has kept me happy for the rest of the day. Even though sometimes we receive fortunes that may or may not be true it sort of makes you think...how you can make the little statement ring true by implementing it into your life. I think everyone should get a fortune cookie a day to help brighten spirits and to use it as a fun self-improvement booster program. So fortune forward everyone!

9 comments:

The George's said...

Your profound words get me thinking Heidi. My little twin is all grown up, I love it.

kkrich said...

u are very profound. well honestly i agree- i got a fortune the other day that read - "you will be fortunate in everything you put your hands to"- very profound for a chef as myself.

Jessica Potter said...

I totally have to agree. You do liven up any conversation. :)

H and E said...

I love fortune cookies, and totally like to believe them even when they are dumb! They really do make you want to be a better person!

Heath and Gretchen said...

Hey guys! We changed our blog url…now it’s http://hgpfamily.blogspot.com/ Check it out! We just posted a whole bunch of new pictures of our girls! :) Heath & Gret

brooke said...

That fortune does fit you. It's so true about you. YUM to the food!

Tyson and Heather said...

cute heid..love it!! And your fortune is definitely true!! I got one the other day that said: "All your hard work will pay off"...I'm sweating and waiting but it was a nice note of hope!!!:)

Nina said...

Hi Heidi! Your blog is great! I love the banner.

*** said...

Heid, you are so cute. Maybe I'll get you a year's supply for your birthday ;). Great thoughts!