Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Blue Wavestorm Wonder!


I have always dreamed of being a surfing chick. So a couple of weeks back Paul and I invested in the one and only Wavestorm. Where did we purchase this 8 foot wonder, Costco of course! If you go to any beginning surf beach I can guarantee you will find about five of these boards floating around.

What is so fabulous about this board? It is made of foam, super thick, light, and last but not least super easy to balance on! I have attempted to surf in the past but have never been truly successful. By the time I paddled out on the 10-foot wooden board I was too exhausted to even catch a wave because it was so heavy. With the Wavestorm I paddled in and caught the wave super easy and I was actually surfing, it was the coolest feeling ever!

Paul gave it a whirl and did amazingly well. It was kind of funny seeing my 6'6" man surfing it up. The Wavestorm is my beginning board and I love it! Our friends Drew and Kathleen came to the beach with us this last Saturday, Kathleen did amazingly well for her first time and Drew the surf king shredded the Wavestorm on the big waves.

Just living the dream!

11 comments:

H and E said...

That is so fun! Good for you for trying a new thing, I bet you will be the great once you get the hang of it!

Tiffany said...

You are so adventurous. A true california beach girl at heart!

kkrich said...

way fun! don't worry that u look like a doof, at least u are learning and u will graduate by next summer. then u can keep the board for the kids or out-of-towners.

Ruth said...

That's so neat that you're learning to surf! I was always jealous of Paul. :) I bet you're awesome!

Tyson and Heather said...

That is sooooo fun:)! You go you surfin' babe! Can't wait to go with you!! We can try to connect all those surfing lessons from Scott together to surf it up!

Camille said...

You are such a surfer and I bet this board serously helps...it sounds like a miracle worker! Remember when we went surfing at like 5am with Scott?? Good memories!

Drew and Kat said...

The Wavestorm was amazing! I can't believe we didn't get pictures of us to prove it!

I am so glad you guys visited! SO much fun! We'll get together again soon!! =)

brooke said...

Good for you Heidi! Those boards are way too fun! It's truly like a moving sidewalk. I'm so glad to see you're surfing it up before the summer ends!

Brandi said...

Way to go Heid! That is one sport I have always wanted to master. Guess I'm in the wrong state for that though. Keep it up, sounds like a blast.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I saw that at Costco -- love that you grabbed it up and tried it!

Diana said...

You are so brave! I've always wanted to try surfing, but I am to worried I will make a complete fool of myself!