Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Knothead Craze

This last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to help represent Knotheads in Las Vegas for Cosmoprof which is one of the largest beauty conventions in the U.S. In total there were about 800 vendors displaying their products in hopes to be picked up by large beauty corporations. If you have never heard of a Knothead, I seriously urge you to check them out. Definition of a Knothead: a unique hair accessory that does it all from sleek to funky to classis all in a matter of minutes! I have fallen in love with Knotheads and with the unlimited possibilities to make your hair stand out in fun and unique ways. I have thrown out my bobby pins and have resorted myself to just using a knothead to change up my hairstyle on a daily basis, I love it.

Out of all the 800 vendors Knotheads created the most buzz! The event lasted three days in the duration we were hit up by huge names such as Ulta, Sally's Beauty, Target, and Costco just to name a few! One of the most exciting proposals came from a representative that has major connections to Disney, she wants to put Hannah Montana on the front of the packaging. Hannah Montana is a super-celebrity at the moment and anything with her face on it sells tremendously well! There were people from all around the world getting knotted up in the craze, you should check it out Knotheads at www.knotheads.com

It was so fun working with the Knothead crew, my awesome cousins Scott and Jessica Law are the head honchos of the company and are an absolute blast to be around. I also got to hang out with the twinner, who works as the head honcho of marketing and of course the amazing Katie Squires...life could not get better, but I did miss the hubs terribly. I loved being able to introduce the product to so many different people from all around the world. It was such a conducive environment for me to be in and I loved every single second of it. All in all it was a lot of work but it sure makes a difference when you love who and what you are working for!

The Crew!

Katester and I true Knothead blue inside and out, and aren't these shirts abolutely adorable I love them!

I totally have my buns of steel going on!

Oh and did I mention how incredible the booth was?! Heather and Jessica spent a great deal of time searching out the perfect items that would keep the look clean and fun to match the amazing branding. People left and right commented how much they loved the branding and the packaging.
What I did during my time off!

I am stoked that Las Vegas finally has a Cafe Rio, I got my fill there twice and it was ohhhh so delicious!

We had a fun time at the Mandalay Bay hotel other than the fact we were walked in on twice first by one of the employees and the second time by a couple, kind of messed up! We were a little frustrated and we called in and they felt so bad they gave us $50 worth of free room service. For breakfast we got a yummy fruit tray with bran muffins...it was delicious!

The beautiful Bellagio water show...love it!

Heath and I walking the Strip!

The twinner and I indulging at the Rainforest Cafe.

The fab glass sculptures in the bellagio, and I hear each flower costs $10,000...crazy!

Stretching out on the nifty statue after being on my feet all day.

My new do I love to wear all the time, it gives a nice braided effect.
I am planning on hosting a Knothead party soon enough so stay posted!

15 comments:

Lani said...

That looks like so much fun! For your knothead party could I come take some pictures? I'm trying to work on developing my indoor photography skills!

H and E said...

Wow that looks like such a good time. I am so happy to hear how well knotheads is doing and how interested people are, Heather keeps me updated on the progress. I am not a big fan of Vegas but your post made it look really fun!

Heath and Gretchen said...

What a fun weekend! I love those t-shirts! I'll have to invest in some knotheads as soon as these girls grow some hair! :)

The Woodlands said...

This looks like so Much FUN!!! I miss ou, but it looks like you have had tons going on! I better be in on this Knothead party, cause they really do look like an amazing thing :o)
See you soon, heidi!

Tiffany said...

How awesome and fun! I am so happy that you were able to go and be part of that!

kkrich said...

heidi u are so cute! i went on the knothead website and stocked up! i am so excited to get them!

kkrich said...

oh and i love cafe rio, i am jealous, and i will totally still come to your knot-head party so please invite me! (just not during girls camp-aug 4-9)

Tyson and Heather said...

Loved having you there Heid! You were so amazing:)!! Such good time to spend together too! That pic of our yummy breakfast in bed made me hungry!!

brooke said...

Sounds like a blast! I am excited to try a Knothead myself! You can teach me all the ins and outs. We need a waffle night soon!

Miss K$ said...

wow I am so glad knot heads is doing so well!!!! I actually really really love your hear in the shot at the end... awesome.

The George's said...

I love all the detail in your posts. I heard things went well and it looks like it. Glad you got to spend time with Heath and Scott and Jess.

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Your hair looks SO SO SO cute! I want to be a knothead! :) I must be living under a rock because I've never really heard about it before but I'm excited to try it! Keep me updated for sure!

Vegas looks like so much fun! You are always up to fun stuff!

Drew and Kat said...

I want to try knotheads!! They look SO cute!

Okay, so we were gone last weekend, and sounds like you guys are back from your travels too!!=) What are your plans this weekend!?!! I need your cell, or if you have ours, call me or Drew!!

DKnotz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica Law said...

Heidi,

What a fab post! You are such a doll to have around and Scott and I often speak about how incredible and gorgeous you were at the show. Just watching you draw in those crowds with your beauty and enthusiasm was incredible. There is more to come in the future too. I want to come to the Knot Head party too. The modern braid it so appropriate for you. I love it! Love the ranch pics too...thanks for giving me a quick look at the 4th of July we missed out on with your posh camera.