Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Late 4th of July!

So this may be a little too late, but how could I not post about my second favorite holiday?! Paul and I were lucky enough to get off a couple days of work to go to our family ranch! Highlights of the trip include: four wheeling with Paul down sulfur creek...so there was no creek but the trail was awesome! It was rocky, dirty, scary at moments and Paul and I thought our combined weight at moments might have just tipped us over the top. Luckily, we survived without any scars and without being carried away with a flash flood.

The fourth of July activities include: The classic egg toss, did we win? Nope I had a difficult time cradling the egg it splattered all over my hand and I attacked Paul and spread the slimy yellow goodness all over his shirt, classic. He was a little p-d off but that is what messy activities are all about, everyone needs to get slimed, part of the fun right?

Potato Sack race. Back in the day I used to rule at this one I was pretty much unstoppable. Sadly, I came in last as I kept on tripping and landing on my face. I guess my coordination has slipped through the cracks...maybe next year!
The most entertaining event to watch was the frozen sock race. Pretty much the point of the game was to hit the sock super hard against the concrete, get all of the ice out and throw the frozen sock on your footsie. So try and picture this Paul hitting the sock with his face scrunched up it seriously looked like he was a three year old throwing a tantrum and ramming the sock onto the hard concrete. He came so close but this one too unfortunately was a loss as well.

Fourth of July Parade, so back in the day when I was a little tyke we used to hold our own parade where there was more people in the parade than actually watching it. We would hop into my grandpas retro mid-70's Jeep...dressed up in our sequined fourth of july outfits, it is so old and awesome! Anyway we kind of dropped that tradition and went to town for the big Teasdale Parade. Let's just say that the two-humped camel parading down the street was the most thrill-seeking part of the event, it was awesome.

And of course there was the firework show, it lasted for a good while and for the big finale my cousin Scott asked cute Shalie to tie the knot with him, and she said yes, we are so excited to have her and her cute son Brandon join the fam.

On Saturday we went to the waterfall. I love it, every year the waterfall changes because the rocks corrode from the constant running water. It was so refreshing and the best part of it all was I somehow got my mom to get her hair wet...this is a huge thing if you know my mom, we had a blast. My mom and I swam against the current to see who could get the closest to the waterfall..it was spectacular. Paul joined us as well and we had such a jolly good time.

That night we went to the big apple and grooved to country/hippy music it was funny being surrounded by a bunch of hillbillys.

The absolute highlight was horseback riding on my grandpas new horses. The horse was so well-trained and very assertive. Paul also hopped on the horse but he was a little nervous considering he is used to being bigger than anything...kinda weird for him but he did very well!

Sunday we went to church and walked to the white cliffs to see the Petroglyphs. It is so amazing how they are still so visible after so many years!

Oh and did I mention that we slept in a Tepee! It was so fun my grandparents put a cement block under the tepee so it was more sleep worthy. The coolest part was the top of the tepee wasn't covered so you could see the stars crystal clear, what a dream come true.

The end!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You guys had way too much fun! Can we tag along next year?