Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Paradise in La Jolla


This last Sunday Paul and I were doing what we usually do on a Sunday afternoon...sit around, watch a little tube and eat to our heart's content...lazy...lazy...lazy! It was time for us to come out of our hermit hole and we are so glad we did! We decided to go visit beautiful La Jolla cove. We were planning on walking around the main cove but it was too crowded...so we took our drive a little further south to a beach where we held our reception. It was so incredible! Paul and I took a little nap on a grassy knoll overlooking the horizon...magical!

This is where we took our cat nap!
We then decided to go take a stroll on the beach and check out the tide pools. The tide pools were crazy there was so much action going on! I don't think I have ever seen so many hermit crabs in my life. Paul decided he wanted to contribute to the circle of life and fed one of the hermit crabs to a sea anemone (so sad...poor little guy:(
On our little stroll we also came across this funny hand-shaped rock...so I decided to go try and mimic the hand and paul snapped a pic.! As we were walking back to retrieve Paul's Rainbows we noticed a bunch of seagulls' were surrounding his sandals they seriously go after anything and everything...luckily we were able to rescue the sandals!

Here is the famous Pink Panther mobile home! Paul and I were lucky enough to take a private tour of it a couple of years ago. We were so happy to see that this pink ride still makes its way to the cove! Inside this pink beauty are some fun trinkets linked one way or another to the glorified Pink Panther...

Leaving the cove...we are so fortunate to live in such a wonderful world with exquisite beauty! Nature's breath is waiting outside your front door....all you need to do is take a step out every once in awhile!

17 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

Oh it looks like you guys had a blast! FUN!

*** said...

You do live in quite the beautiful location my dear. I'm glad you went out and enjoyed the fantastic afternoon on the beach. And, that pink panther mobile home is hilarious! What a treat to have had the priviledge to go inside :).

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Hey Heidi--this is Beth Morris, now Wilson. It looks like a fun place to live! I'm actually jealous that you live so close to the beach! I would love to live there.

kkrich said...

yay for san diego. i live summer!

Tiffany said...

So pretty! Glad you had such a fun Sunday!

H and E said...

Ooh what a fun Sunday, Take advantage of living in California you are so lucky!

Jessica Law said...

OK, Heidi how is it that you look more and more beautiful each time I see you? At this rate you are sure to look as good as Grandma Dietlein at 80! I am very jealous of all the good times you have had lately at AI and with your sisters. I wish I could hang out with Jana big time. Eat up that time there.

The George's said...

you're making me want to come visit. Looks like Paradise.

Abby said...

Heidi...it's Abby (econ class, marrying Matt, etc.). I found your blog through Heather's. It's so fun to see what you're up to; looks like lots of excitement! I am going to link your blog to mine if you don't mind! And we want to send you an invite so if you could send Matt or me your address that would be great:)

Tyson and Heather said...

Looks like fun, love the pics! I love your new idea about your adventure walks:)!

Angie Orison said...

That looks like so much fun!! Ky and I definetly need to make a trip out to California sometime. Oh, and I am jealous you got to go to American Idol.

Annie and Berkeley said...

What a gorgeous place! You guys are so cute together. Sounds like a fun day.

Drew and Kat said...

This made me SO SO SO excited to come home! Drew's is already there, and I will be joining him in just two weeks! I know that Drew has your #, we will call you guys! =)

brooke said...

That is one FUNKY rock formation. I was quite confused looking at that pic for a good minute. =) Looks like toes (minus one). That is such a fun area.

Tyson and Heather said...

update lady

Natalie said...

Amen sister!! I love the beautiful outdoors. I think we could all spend a little more time outside.

Jessica said...

Heidi,
My name is Jessica Barnum, my husband Jacob was good friends with Paul when they were in high school. I'm throwing a surprise party for Jacob in about 3 weeks and would like to send you an invitation. Would you please e-mail me your address? My e-mail is jbarnum921@msn.com. Thank you.