Monday, May 12, 2008

In Tribute

This post is dedicated to a wonderful, charismatic friend, Lindsey Spjute that passed away a couple of days ago. While serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in London, she had a sudden heart attack while running. It was a little difficult today, it hit me pretty hard that she was gone and what a short but sweet life she had lived. Lindsey was such a joy and delight to be around, she was always lifting others up! Of the times I was around her I never heard anything negative seep from her mouth. She had such an optomistic attitude about life, and great concern and love for others. She left her mark for good in everything she did. Love you Lindsey, thanks for being such a great example to me and to so many others. I know you are in a much better place surrounded by glorious angels in heaven, and dear family who have awaited your homecoming. We will all miss you but thankfully we know we will see you again in time.

11 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

So sorry about her loss Heid. :(

Tyson and Heather said...

She is all you said--pure sunshine.

*** said...

My gosh, how very sad. We are so sorry about your darling friend...

Sarah said...

Thank you for your comments! I hope you are doing well!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

She was truly amazing, I love reading everyone's tributes -- we all loved her in an entirely different way. It makes me want to be a good person.

brooke said...

That is terribly sad. I'm so sad to hear about the loss of your friend. My prayers are with her family.

kkrich said...

holy heck that is so sad! but what a blessed soul that could pass while serving the Lord! lets hope my little sister doesn't die while on her mish, yikes, anything can happen. Sorry your are sad, what a great friend to have had. =)

The Andrews said...

Thank you all for your lovely sympathetic comments.

mariah said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend. It is such a blessing to know that this life is not the end! Our prayers are with her family and friends!

Drew and Kat said...

That's so hard, I am sorry to hear about your friend, she sounds like an amazing girl. We are so lucky to have the gospel.

I wanted to let you guys know that we will be in Carlsbad starting the middle of June. It would be SO fun to get together, so we will be in touch! =)

Tiffany said...

I am sorry to hear your loss! Her family are in our prayers! Your tribute is so beautiful! You are such a great and caring friend!