Sunday, March 22, 2009


Hello all. So, this last Thursday was a momentous occasion in my life. Heather and I have been going back and forth with Nordstrom's and negotiations for the past couple of months...making all adjustments they deemed were necessary. We received a most exciting email about the two styles they want to put in their stores this coming August! Surprisingly the two styles they picked up were some of our latest editions we designed with Nordstrom's in mind...so I guess it worked :) Also, Heather had told me the day before was when she had paid her tithing and literally the next day we received the exciting response from Nordstom's. Seriously, this has been a high-shot dream for Heather and I and we feel so blessed from up above. Heather has been the best business partner I could have ever asked for, we have such a great time together and we each have talents and responsibilites we bring to the table...and it works out fabulously. I would also like to thank all of those who have supported Heather and I in our dream family, friends...we feel so blessed to have you in our lives! Especially my dear husband for being so supportive and letting me live my dream. True Birds accessories will be available at Nordstrom's this coming fall. The price point has dropped substantially because of our quantities and ability to negotiate our prices lower with our suppliers. Thanks again to one and all!

At the beginning of March True Birds accessories were requested to be featured on the runway at the W Hotel in San Diego for "Fashion for a Cause." It was so fun to see our products paired up with some amazing dresses and incredible coin purses that are retailed around $1000. The models displayed them beautifully. Leonard Simpson did a great job hosting the event and gave expert tips about this coming season in fashion and said our products were spot on for this coming season. It was so fun to have Paul there along with my mom who flew all the way out for the event. She is such a sweetheart! Also, big thanks to Erika, Tony, Lesley, Elliott, and Natalie for coming to support us for the event, you guys are great! Here are a couple of pics from 944 magazine from the event!









16 comments:

Lani said...

Congrats Heidi! That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and Heather, how fun to have a dream come true... I'm excited to see your products at Nordi's! You're amazing!

Lacey said...

That is so amazing! Congratualtions!

Ali Jo said...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooving it, loving you too! so deserving, so talented, so humble! couldn't be happier for you!

H and E said...

You two are incredible! I am in awe of what you have been able to accomplish and i am so proud of you! I hope you know how truly excited I am for you two! Congrats!

Ruth said...

Oh my gosh Heidi that is amazing!!! Congratulations to you and Heather! Paul was telling me a few weeks ago about your efforts with Nordstroms and now it came true! You guys are so talented and amazing!

kkrich said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Natalie said...

OH my goodness!!!! I just read this on heather's blog too....I am absolutley thrilled for you girls! Seriously...Nordstrom!!! Can you believe it? I am so proud of you guys. YOu are such an inspiration to me.

The Andrews said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments and support!!

Kylie said...

Hey Heidi...This is Kylie Cherry (Downs). I don't know if you remember me from our good old days in Bountiful, but I have been on Heather's blog a few times. Just had to say congrats on the True Birds! That is so awesome for you two! How exciting!

Ashley Schill said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting so see your hard work and dreams be fulfilled! I will definitely keep an eye out for your cute products at Nordstrom's this fall!

E-Train said...

Yay congrats!!! You guys are so awesome :)

rsdarby said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. You've really made the big leagues.

*** said...

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!! I'm so proud of you girls!!!!!! Can't wait to see them in stores. Love you!

*** said...

Love, love the new look Heid! You are so talented!!!

Tyson and Heather said...

Love the new background and header:)!

Drew and Kat said...

Oh my gosh you girsl are amazing!!! That is just too cool!!! You girls are meant to do this stuff, such an eye for it! I love your designs! Can't wait to see them around Nordy's!!!