Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day


To be a mom, there is nothing else that even compares to it, I feel so incredibly fortunate that I have the opportunity to be a mother to an amazing daughter. My life has never known such joy, I have never smiled so much or laughed as hard as I do with her. Even though at times there might be sleepless nights or changing those poopy diapers. Just one hint of a smile from her makes all of those difficult times worth it. My favorite things thus far as being a mommy. Cuddling sessions...Smiles....Giggles....Capri's eyebrow lifts.....Taking Strolls....Family Crawling Sessions.....Peek-a-boo's....Capri saying Mama.....just to name a few!




 I woke up in the morning and my dear, sweet husband made me such an amazing breakfast and then gave me some beautiful flowers with the loveliest note, it was heartfelt and something I will cherish and look back to forever. There is something about a card and the power of words, I think one of my love languages must be loving to be complimented.

Church service was special, I loved hearing the primary children sing sweet songs honoring mothers. That evening we went over to Paul's parents house and had a lovely time there, it's so nice to be close to family. I was so sad because we left in a rush and I spaced bringing the camera!

Not only did the hubs get me some flowers but he got a group gift for Capri and I, for Mother's day and an early birthday present to Capri. I have been searching high and low for a particular rocking horse. I saw one while antiquing a little while ago and looked at the price tag and much to my dismay it was $950, way too much for my taste. So I have been hunting for the exact match on Craigslist. I found one just in time but the price tag was only $200, much better! They run on ebay for around $1,200...yikes. 

Capri absolutely loves it and can't ride on it along just quite yet but will soon enough!


No comments: