Sunday, November 9, 2008

Under the Sea Halloween


Oh, how I love Halloween! Ever since I was about six I worked in a costume shop. I loved it, it was so much fun to go through the many aisles and pick and pull costumes off the rack to change me into whatever I wanted to be for a given day Whether it was a genie, witch,...you name it! This holiday definitely holds a special place in my heart!
Ever since I moved to California I have had a difficult time not living in a costume shop for the month of October. It wasn't until the 29th of October till I realized Halloween was almost here! Heather and I were in LA at the time and decided since we were close to the fabric district to go and check out some patterns and figure out what we could pull together last minute. We were going to go with cave people...until we saw some awesome sequin fabric. I had always wanted to be a mermaid and here was my grand chance, so we picked up random pieces of fabric we felt would go well together for a mermaid and a merman! Halloween is not Halloween for me unless I dress up!
The day of Halloween was kind of hectic and Paul came home a little bit later so we tried to make the merman costume work on him....but he ended up looking like a crossdresser and decided to bag his costume. However, lo and behold he pulled out an awesome tiger outfit his mom had made for him! Seriously, he made the funnest tiger. Every once in awhile during the night he would pounce out in front of people...it was hilarious!
We ventured off first to Seaworld, and I felt truly at home :) We met up with some friends Adam and Natalie, and saw the Rockin Shamu show. It was really fun to be there and see all the kiddos dressed up. We trick or treated and they gave us loads of Swedish Fish, how appropriate. Let alone they are one of my favorite treats!
We snapped some shots with the under the sea crew.
This girl was so hilarious, she was so funny...just look at that face. Isn't it funny how chilren are dressed up as he or she-devils!

Here is Paul and I, me trying to pull the face of a mermaid and Paul pulling out the claws!

Taking the trolley downtown. It was my first time and it was so much fun! Once we were downtown we people watched...our favorite costume of the night was the pacman crew. One dude was pacman and he had his three accompanying ghosts chasing after him...it was hilarious!

We then went to the mall and Paul had his first experience with Hot Dog on a Stick, crazy I know! It was a definite hit!
Last but not least we went to Ghiradellis for some ice cream. Thanks for joining us for Halloween Adam and Nat!

10 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

Cute Halloween! I wish you were here to enjoy it!

Tyson and Heather said...

Love the post:)! So fun! Love how your mermaid costume turned out and what a blast of a night you all had. I wanna be pacman someday btw.

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Looks like a very fun Halloween! It's about time for an update!

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom! I hope she's doing better!

Tyson and Heather said...

I love your backdrop...absolutely fab, can't believe you designed it way to go:)!

Tiffany said...

Yeah for a new post! And cute costumes!

The George's said...

Sweet costumes. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Sweedish fish are my favorite, so I'm jealous. Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to get the CD.

Aundrea and Spencer said...

Hey Heidi, long time no see!! You sure look happy, and beautiful!!

The Walkers said...

Love the costume! I didn't know that Seaworld was such a happening place on Halloween. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Ruth said...

What a fun Halloween! You guys are so fun! Your costumes turned out fab! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

*** said...

Oh Heid, you and Paul looked so great!! I love what you both came up with and quite the fun night.